Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Glass Honey Dispenser

We consume a lot of honey in our house.  I'm not convinced that local honey will cure my allergy symptoms but I am convinced that it's yummy, which is why I put so much of it in my tea.  We buy it in bulk but pouring a little bit into my tea from a 6 pound jar is awkward to say the least so I keep refilling my old plastic bottle.  He's a cute little bear but he's plastic, which makes it easy to squeeze and keeps everything clean, but it's still plastic.  I'd rather not store my food in plastic.  Plus, the flip-top lid broke last month.

I didn't want a mess so those super cute pots with the equally cute dippers were out of the question.  (Yes, I know there is a technique but I didn't want to explain it every time someone needed some honey!)

So I was stumped.  I started asking friends but, like me, they were also still relying on their old friend, the plastic honey bear, too.

Then I found this:
Hello, sleek glass dispenser.  Good-bye, plastic bear. 

It is actually marketed as a maple syrup dispenser but so far it's working well as a honey server too.  It quick, easy, and clean!  (No explanation required.)  Plus, since I like simple lines, I think it's even cuter than that old honey bear.

Do you have any other ways I can replace some of that lingering plastic in my life?
Peace,
Stacey

2 comments:

  1. I have a vintage syrup dispenser that I'm going to fill with honey. Love this idea!

    To get rid of more plastic? I have poured my liquid dishwashing soap into a beautiful glass olive oil dispenser. Works great and looks great with clear liquid soap. No more ugly plastic bottle on my sink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best free business listing websites in India. These sites help your business to get huge traffic from targeted customers.

    ReplyDelete