Sunday, September 30, 2012

31 Days of Green Little Things

For the past two years, I've been reading a blog called Nesting Place and every year in October she posts each day about the same topic.  This year, I've decided to join her. 

Yes, I feel a little crazy!  O.K. more than a little.  Let's just call it crazy.

I just wandered into this blogging world and, honestly, posting EVERY day seems extremely daunting. 

The only thing that doesn't sound crazy about this endeavor is sticking to the same topic.  I'm writing about "Green Little Things" because that's what I like to share.. and that's what you expect.  I'm not perfect (far, far from it!) but that's why I share little things like picking up recycling and not putting out my trash every week. 
But posting a new little thing EVERY DAY?!?!  Well, here goes nothing!  I mean something... something little... that's really big to me.  Here are the topics:
October 1: Avoid Automatic Doors
October 2: Turn Off That Light
October 3: Buy Natural Clothes
October 4: Check Out The Library
October 5: My Hot Salsa Recipe (Buy local and make your own)
October 6: Turn Off The TV (consume less)
October 7: Print on the Back
October 8: Read an Eco-Book
October 9: Driftwood Table
October 10: Make Fewer Trips
October 11: Halloween Costumes Can Be Real
October 12: Make Your Own Yogurt
October 13: Give Up Bottled Water
October 14: Make a Bottle Cooler
October 15: Buy the Most Local – Even When It’s Not Very Local
October 16: Small Change Adds Up!
October 17: Beauty Without Plastic
October 18: Buy in Bulk
October 19: Share
October 20: Use It Up or Wear It Out
October 21: Laundry Day (The Cold Water Cycle)
October 22: Say Goodbye to Plastic Food Storage
October 23: Bring Your Own Bag
October 24: Be Straw Free
October 25: Mend It
October 26: Buy Used (resale shopping)
October 27: Bring Your Own To-Go Container
October 28: Laundry Day Part 2 (Drying Rack)
October 29: Cloth Napkins Aren't Just For Special Occasions
October 30: Dump An Incandescent
October 31: Phantom Loads Are No Treat 

I hope you follow me with my Green Little Things this month.  I'm going to need your encouragement.
Peace,
Stacey  
I started a Facebook page for my blog.  "Like" it if you're so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment