Sunday, October 7, 2012

31 Days of Green Little Things: Print On The Back


Welcome back to my 31 Days of Green Little Things!  This is my place to talk about the little things that I do to help the environment.


I try not to print many things but when I do, I print on the back of all those random papers that enter my house.  I can still recycle whatever I've printed when I’m finished but I get to reuse it first.  Hooray!  Reuse.  My second favorite of the 3 Rs.  They’re in that order (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) for a reason, right?

Anyway, this one is easy.  Reduce the amount of paper waste you produce by reusing  paper that is blank on the back.  

Next time you want to print a recipe, print on the back of that new insurance quote.  Want to print that essay for Psych 102 so you can proofread it?  Reuse the back of the letter begging you to get a new credit card.  Need to print directions from Google Maps?  Use the back of the snack schedule from your daughter’s soccer team.  Then recycle them when you’re finished!
Those scrap papers add up quickly!
How many old papers with blank backs can you find without even getting up from your desk?
Peace,
Stacey
To follow other "31 Days" journeys, check out The Nester.  She's hosting this party.  Thanks for the motivation to join this year.
I started a Facebook page for my blog.  "Like" it if you're so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment