Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 Days of Green Little Things: Small Change Adds Up!


Welcome back to my 31 Days of Green Little Things!  This is where I discuss the little things I do to help the environment.
Here’s a little thing that I just started.  I’m saving all the change I find... on the sidewalk, in the couch, on the table, in my husband's coin basket. (Just kidding on that last one!)  At the end of the year, I’m going to donate it to a charity that helps the environment. I haven’t picked which one yet (although I tend to lean towards Oceana, World Wildlife Fund, and The Nature Conservancy) and it probably won’t be a very big donation (we don’t use a lot of cash) but I’m going to see what I can do.

When I was cleaning the house this weekend I somehow just kept finding more and more change until I had a little bowl full. Then I came up with the charity idea.
$13.26!!
I don’t know where it came from (but I can probably figure it out since it wasn’t mine!) and I don’t know where it’s going, but I feel like I’m headed in the right direction.

This is just another example about how small change (environmentally or financially) can really add up to something bigger over time.

Which charity do you think I should donate all my change to this year?  Would you like to join me?
Peace,
Stacey
To follow other "31 Days" journeys, check out The Nester.  She's hosting this party.
I started a Facebook page for my blog.  "Like" it if you're so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment