Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days of Green Little Things: Turn Off That Light


Welcome back to my 31 Days of Green Little Things!  This is my place to talk about the little things that I do to help the environment.    
O.K., this is one we’ve all heard before but it’s still worth mentioning. 
 Turn off the lights when you leave a room. 
It doesn’t take an advanced degree to figure out that a light bulb uses less energy when it’s off than when it’s on. (We knew that, right?)  
It did take a group of scientists to figure out that it takes less energy to turn off that same light bulb and turn it back on, even if it’s just for the tiniest amount of time, than to leave it on.  Check it out:


I don’t know about you, but I’m not going to argue with the Mythbusters.  They might blow something up!!

There you go.  Nice and easy.  Can you handle it?  I think so.  Now, go save some energy (and money) and turn out that light. ;)
Peace,
Stacey
To follow other "31 Days" journeys, check out The Nester.  She's hosting this party.  Thanks for the motivation to join this year.
I started a Facebook page for my blog.  "Like" it if you're so inclined.  

No comments:

Post a Comment