Sunday, October 28, 2012

31 Days of Green Little Things: Laundry Day Part 2 (Drying Racks)

Whoa, it's the final week of my 31 Days of Green Little Things!  This is where I discuss the little things I do to help the environment.

Like I said last week, Sunday is usually laundry day around the Green Stuff house so today I want to talk about my drying rack.
I use a drying rack so I can consume less energy doing laundry.  Seriously, dryers are energy hogs.  Since I end up putting fewer things in the dryer when I use my drying rack, my clothes spend less time in the dryer and I can dry on a lower temperature setting.
When I need to hang more, I just use more hangers.
The added bonus of using my drying rack is that my cloth napkins and handkerchiefs end up looking like they've been ironed.  O.K., they're not perfect but they're way better than when they come out of the dryer!  And, you and I both know that I'm never going to iron my napkins. (Unlike what the link about suggests, my iron does NOT use $22 worth of energy a year... maybe not even in a decade!)

Oh, and don't forget to clean the lint filter after every load to improve air circulation in the dryer.  This will save energy and also helps prevent fires.  (Lint is highly flammable.) It can even be composted.
Remember, saving energy saves money.
Do you use a drying rack?  What about a clothes line?
Peace,
Stacey
To follow other "31 Days" journeys, check out The Nester.  She's hosting this party. 
I started a Facebook page for my blog.  "Like" it if you're so inclined. (Please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment